|9/16/2014 5:56:00 PM|
Minutes from August 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- a. ChairmanCeleste Suttercalled themeetingtoorderat6:00 PM.
- b. There was a quorum with 10 memberspresentincluding: Richard Ashby, Dave Bell, Robert Black, Cara Cyrus, Robert Fitzgerald, Shannon Gillespie, Tammy Monroe, Mark Petersen, Celeste Sutter, and Michael White.
- c. 4 members were absent.
- d. 1 guest, Michael Scott of TV15 attended and filmed the meeting for TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- a. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the July meeting. Cara Cyrus motioned to approve the minutes and Tammy Monroe seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- a. ChairmanCeleste Sutterpresented thefiscal reportfromAccount1152. The balance is $3562.91 as of July 31, 2014.
- b. RFE was submitted and is waiting on HMEP Grant payment.
- a. Tabletop Exercise—The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black, the Chairman of that sub-committee, stated that the new tentative plans for the exercise indicate that it will take place in October. The sub-committee is meeting on August 20th at 6:30 pm at the Madison Township Firehouse to discuss the plans for this exercise. The Plan for the Exercise must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the date in which the Exercise is scheduled to occur. Mark Petersen and Tammy Monroe are also on this sub-committee.
- b. HazCat Workshop—The HazCat Workshop has been completed. Altogether, 14 trainees participated in the training, 4 of which were from Madison. The workshop was considered a great success, with the participants able to consistently and reliably identify unknown chemicals using the updated kits and skills taught to them in this workshop.
- c. 2015 HMEP Grants—Grant requests have been submitted for 2015 as follows:
- a. Training Grants requested to attend:
- i. IERC Conference in Indianapolis
- ii. NASTTPO Mid-Year Conference in Huston, TX
- iii. NASTTPO Annual Conference in Portland, ME
- b. Planning Grants requested for:
- i. Bridge Flow Study—as per Sam George’s recommendation based on the results of the 2014 Bridge Flow Study.
- a. None at this time.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- a. The Hazmat team was called out on a run on Sunday, August 10th at around 6:30 pm to respond to a gasoline spill/leak at the Marathon Station in Versailles at the corner of US 50 and 421. Gas was leaking into the storm drains running under US 50 and 421, and was approaching the lake. They did some damming and diking to stop it, and the Hazmat team also used booms. It is believed that between 300 and 500 gallons of gasoline had already leaked from the Station. An Environmental Team was called in to help mitigate the damages caused by the spill.
- b. HazCat training has been completed (see above).
- a. Public Comments – none
- b. Ethics Training—still needs to be completed. No new updates at this time.
- c. FEMA National Protection Framework virtual roundtable discussions scheduled to take place Tuesday, August 26th @ 11:00 am; Tuesday, September 2nd @ 11:00 am; and Wednesday, September 3rd @ 12:00 pm. Topics will include:
- a. An Introduction to the National Protection Framework and the NIPP
- b. Key integration points between the National Protection Framework and the NIPP
- c. Application of the National Protection Framework and the NIPP into operational plans
- a. IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center.
- b. IERC meeting will be held in Indianapolis on Monday, September 8th at 1:00 pm at Indiana Government Center South, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- c. FEMA National Protection Framework virtual roundtable discussions scheduled to take place Tuesday, August 26th @ 11:00 am; Tuesday, September 2nd @ 11:00 am; and Wednesday, September 3rd @ 12:00 pm.
Next meeting: September 11, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00 pm)
Dave Bell made a motion to adjourn and Tammy Monroe seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:11 pm.
Article Comment Submission Form