|9/16/2014 5:53:00 PM|
Minutes from June 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- a. ChairmanCeleste Suttercalled themeetingtoorderat6:00 PM.
- b. There was a quorum with 11 memberspresentincluding: Richard Ashby, Dave Bell, Robert Black, Robert Fitzgerald, Shannon Gillespie, Joe Michna, Mark Petersen, Celeste Sutter, Dave Thomas, Michael White, and Shane Williams.
- c. 3 members were absent.
- d. There were no guests present.
- e. This meeting was not filmed by TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- a. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the May meeting. Dave Bell motioned to approve the minutes and Robert Black seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- a. ChairmanCeleste Sutterpresented thefiscal reportfromAccount1152. The balance is $1808.95 as of May 31st, 2014.
- b. There were no claims presented to the committee for approval at this time.
- a. Tabletop Exercise—The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black, the Chairman of that sub-committee, had previously stated that tentative plans for the exercise indicate that it will take place in September. There are no new updates at this time.
- b. HazCat Workshop—Michael White presented the updates on the HazCat Workshop scheduled to take place in July. At this time, there are 14 confirmed trainees registered for the workshop, which means that one of the trainees from Jefferson County will receive their training for free. Also, the updated HazCat kits have arrived and are ready for the workshop training.
- c. Bridge Flow Study—Sam George will monitor the bridge traffic for 20 hours during daylight time, Monday through Friday. Observations will begin and be completed in June 2014, and the information will be presented in a PowerPoint presentation at the July 17th LEPC meeting, as well as by spreadsheet analysis and written summary of the types and amounts of hazardous materials sited. Information will also be collected on type of truck and direction of travel. The study will qualify for HMEP Grant funding.
- a. HMEP grant for 2015—Potential projects were discussed briefly. This will be reconsidered at the July meeting.
- b. LEPC Award Submissions for the IERC meeting are due June 30th.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- a. Nothing new reported at this time.
- a. Public Comments – none
- b. Tier II Reports—One Tier II Report is still outstanding. Cara Cyrus and Celeste Sutter are following up on this.
- c. Ethics Training—the Indiana Inspector General’s Office has scheduled the annual mandatory Ethics training for all LEPC members to take place between June and August.
- a. IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center.
- b. IERC meeting will be held in Shelbyville at 2154 Intelliplex Dr, Shelbyville, IN 46176, on Monday July 14th at 1:00 pm.
Next meeting: July 17th, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM)
Dave Bell made a motion to adjourn and Robert Black seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:13 pm.
Article Comment Submission Form