|9/16/2014 5:33:00 PM|
Minutes from March 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- Chairman Celeste Sutter called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM.
- There was a quorum with 10 members present including: Richard Ashby, Dave Bell, Robert Black, Cara Cyrus, Robert Fitzgerald, Shannon Gillespie, Mark Petersen, James Plum, Celeste Sutter, and Dave Thomas.
- 3 members were absent.
- 2 guests: Michael White, the new Madison Township Hazmat Chief, and Michael Scott of TV15 also attended and filmed the meeting for TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the February 13th meeting. Dave Bell motioned to approve the minutes as written and Dave Thomas seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- Chairman Celeste Sutter presented the fiscal report from Account 272. The balance is $3689.72 as of February 28, 2014.
- 1 claim was presented to the committee for approval:
- Claim from Jim Plum for mileage to IERC meeting on March 10th in the amount of $24.64
- The Chairman asked for a motion to approve payment of these claims. Cara Cyrus motioned to approve payment, and Mark Petersen seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- The Committee discussed the tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black, the Chairman of that sub-committee, stated that tentative plans for the exercise indicate that it will take place in September.
- The Committee also discussed inviting members of the Scottsburg LEPC to observe the tabletop exercise, as they expressed an interest in observing another group’s exercise during the recent IERC meeting. All members present were agreeable to the idea of inviting them to observe our exercise and some meetings prior to that.
- Nothing new at this time.
Report from the Hazmat Team:
- The new Madison Township Hazmat Chief, Mike White, reported that the Hazmat team was called out on its first run in approximately a year and a half on February 13th, responding to a transformer fire at a substation off Goins Road, behind Swifty. He stated that some Booms were used to soak up some of the vegetable oil that was kept on site in oil tanks.
- He also stated that the Hazmat team’s Analyzer is down, so they cannot analyze chemicals when responding to a call as they previously had. He indicated that it would not be possible to repair or replace the device. The substitute for the previous Analyzer will be a HazCat Kit, which is available for use but it is considerably more complicated to operate than the previous device. The Hazmat team will need training before it can be put into use. A training session has been planned July 15th-18th.
- The LEPC will look into the possibility of helping to pay for this training if that is a legitimate allocation of LEPC funds.
- Public Comments— None at this time.
- Report on Indiana Pipeline Awareness Association Meeting held on January 21st in Aurora— The members were unable to attend this meeting.
- Report on IERC meeting held February 10th— Shannon Gillespie and Jim Plum presented several of the issues discussed at the IERC meeting. Minutes from that meeting will be available following the next IERC meeting in May.
- NASTTPO Conference will be held in New Orleans April 22nd – 24th. Joe Michna is planning to attend.
- IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center.
- IERC meeting will be held in Fountain County at Covington on May 12th at 1:00 pm.
Next meeting: April 10, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM)
Dave Bell made a motion to adjourn and Robert Fitzgerald seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:27 pm.
Shannon Gillespie, Secretary/Treasurer
Article Comment Submission Form