|9/16/2014 5:30:00 PM|
Minutes from February 2014 Meeting
Attendance and Quorum:
- Chairman Celeste Sutter called the meeting to order at 6:00PM.
- There was a quorum with 8 members present including: Dave Thomas, Joe Michna, Tammy Monroe, James Plum, Richard Ashby, Mark Petersen, Shannon Gillespie, and Celeste Sutter.
- Five members were absent.
- One guest, Michael Scott of TV15 attended and filmed the meeting for TV15.
Approval of Minutes from last meeting:
- The Chairman asked for a motion to approve the minutes as written from the January 9th meeting. Tammy Monroe motioned to approve the minutes and Dave Thomas seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- Chairman Celeste Sutter presented the fiscal report from Account 272. The balance is $4599.92 as of the end of 2013.
- 2 claims were presented to the committee for approval: $10.20 from the Madison Courier for the Legal Notice; and $900.00 from TV15 for video recording the LEPC meetings for the 2014 year. The Chairman asked for a motion to approve payment of these claims. Tammy Monroe motioned to approve payment, and Jim Plum seconded the motion. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- No old business was addressed at this meeting.
- Former Chairman Jim Plum suggested that we organize the Planning Committee to begin making arrangements at the next meeting in March for a tabletop exercise to occur later in the year. Robert Black is the Chairman of that sub-committee.
Report from the HazMat Team:
- Nothing new reported at this time.
- Public Comments – none
- Report on Indiana Pipeline Awareness Association Meeting held on January 21st in Aurora—The members who attended this meeting, Dave Bell and Robert Black, were not in attendance at this meeting for comment.
- NASTTPO Conference will be held in New Orleans April 22nd – 24th. Joe Michna is planning to attend.
- IERC Conference will be held in Indianapolis on August 20th-23rd at the Sheraton at Keystone Crossing. The meeting starts at 1pm in the Government Center.
- IERC meeting will be held in Scottsburg on March 10th at Mid America Science Park. There will be a facility tour prior to the meeting from 11:00 to 11:30 am, followed by the meeting 1 pm. Jim Plum, Celeste Sutter, and Shannon Gillespie are planning to attend.
Next meeting: March 13, 2014 (Madison Airport Conference Room, 6:00PM)
Richard Ashby made a motion to adjourn and Joe Michna seconded the motion. Motion carried. There being no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 6:10 pm.
Shannon Gillespie, Secretary/Treasurer
Article Comment Submission Form